Discord Server/ Captioning Future

 Hi all, I just thought I'd give you a quick update about my Discord Server. I have decided to delete it for good now.

I have been mega busy, so I have no been posting as much I used to. During this time, a few bots flooded the well known TG/Bodyswap Discord Servers and wouldn't stop harrassing them with links/comments, and my server was included. I tried my best to keep on top of it like all other server owners did but it was a struggle with how many accounts and comments flooded onto the channels.

One option was to add verification for users, but people wanted my server so they wouldn't have to verify and could quickly/anonymously view my caps. So...this wasn't an option.

But the reason I decided to close the server was because during this time, many people who I concidered not just fans but friends were sending my nasty and horrible comments in my DMs and elsewhere. Keeping up with the bots was one thing but reading these hurt me more than any spam bot could...

As a result my mental health declined a bit and my passion for writing caps went all together. I don't want anything...all I would like you all to do is reflect and treat the next person who deals with this better. I thought we were friends/ a community. But since this bot attack, clearly this wasn't the case.

I hope other creators can be treated better than some of the vile DMs I got...


- Dani x

Comments

  1. lamento mucho lo que pasaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks. I’m really sorry you went through that. I literally just stumbled across your site for the first time last week, and I think your stuff is fantastic. I’ve never been to your Discord, but hopefully you can find your spark to add more content on here again — once you’ve taken some time to recover. All too often, Hell truly is other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely terrible that you've had to deal with all of that, focus on yourself and your mental health for now.
    You are a very talented writer/captioneer so hopefully in time your flame returns in full force and you can write without the burden of outside influences, your work will always be appreciated by people who truly enjoy what you do.
    But for now you definitely need to focus on yourself, take care of all the things keeping you busy and get some well deserved rest, you know you've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani, am sorry you experienced such rubbish. You are a very talented captioneer... one of the best IMO. I found your blog by accident a few months back and was amazed I had never seen it before. Totally get why you want a sabbatical to restore your sense of self. Screw the nasties. Live well and be your best self.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment